This week we are lucky enough to be joined by Siddhartha Jha, Founder and CEO of Arbol.
Arbol provides a platform for parametric coverage which allows clients to access reduced risk and hassle free protection using their automated processes and facilitates a straightforward experience for the customer.
We had a great conversation this week where we discussed a wide variety of topics such as:
- How does Arbol's parametric platform work?
- Parametric insurance lending itself to be easily scalable and transferable
- Making the platform as convenient for the agents as possible
- Providing cover for situations which the traditional insurance industry is unable or unwilling to write risk for
- Claiming the unwanted gap in the market
- Parametrics as a facilitator for financial security
- Increased accuracy has allowed the risk to shrink
- Climate risk is currently largely uninsured
- Parametric insurance enables the broad-scale adoption of insurance
- Smart contracts, condensing information and accessibiity
- The demand for a changing insurance experience
- The increasing demand for parametric insurance in energy
- How the pandemic has encouraged trust in digital solutions
- The value of transparency
- The move away from pricing risk in an isolated way
- Large-scale adoption of parametric insurance only being feasible if we are able to lower the costs of business
- Parametric insurance as a social good - increasing distribution and accessibility
- The surprising elements of the insurance market
- Insurance as an industry being highly protected by regulation
- Arbol's mission "1 . The customer will love Parametrics, 2. The capital market will love Parametrics"
Thank you Sid for your time, it was great to speak to you!
This Podcast was brought to you by FinPro, an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Insurtech space
Our host in FinPro Director, Alex Bond
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast