In today's episode we are lucky enough to have Niranjan "Niji" Sabharwal as a guest on the Leadership in Insurance Podcast. Niji is one-half of a husband and wife co-founding team behind AgentSync the broker compliance management system. Agentsync has been super successful from the outset and when your founding team has resumes like this one: LinkedIn, Stripe, Dropbox, and Zenefits you can see why.
It's out of the most problematic time of Nijis career at Zenefits that AgentSync was born.
In this episode we discuss:
• The bottleneck of compliance
• Building on the Salesforce platform
• How compliance is a barrier to entry and therefore creativity in insurance
• Not realizing how large the demand would be - timing is everything
• Tech debt in the incumbent market and how tools such as AgentSync can help
• The importance of failure in success
• Funding rounds and timing - the difference in USA and Europe attitudes and failed rates
• Raising too much money can lead to disillusionment
• Is there too much money in the market
• What is it like being a founding team and husband and wife?
• What raising capital has enabled them to do
• Senior hires and the importance of capital raises
• What else investors bring to the table beyond capital
• Do we expect too much from staff who join start-ups?
• Why is Insurance having its tech moment?
• How to build the right culture and the importance of hiring well
• Acknowledging Hiring representatively is time-consuming
• Why talent pipelining is important
• The advantage of having high profile female leaders especially in engineering
• Head of Talent and their role in driving diversity
• The challenge of remote hiring
Thanks, Niji for being a great guest
This podcast was brought to you by FinPro an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Instech space
Our host is FinPro Director, Alex Bond
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast
We are always interested to speak to people about being guests on the Leadership in Insurance podcast. If you or someone in your business is driving change in the future of insurance, then we would love to hear from you. Please get in touchGet In Touch
The LiiP with Kevin Mackey, COO and Co-Founder of Coterie, S1, E36Read More