This week we are lucky enough to be joined by Matt Duke, Head of Global Actuarial & Analytics Services at Xceedance.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Why work with actuarial as a consultancy as opposed to having in-house capability?
- Does consultancy work suit that entrepreneurial mindset?
- Is it harder to attract actuaries to a consultancy business?
- Reimagining the employee experience post-pandemic
– how do we make the quality of work better?
- How Matt identifies as a business leader with actuarial qualifications rather than an actuary first
- How will the role of data science impact Actuaries
– is an actuary required anymore?
- Actuarial exams are the basis
– experience is what makes a great actuary
- Automation opportunity within Actuarial as enablement to more products and services
- Where does Actuarial science fit within the data analytics suite of an insurer today?
- Role of regulated environment in analytics
– limitations, and challenges
- Does hyper-personalization of risk mean we make some people un-insurable?
- Reducing the insurance as a public good argument?
- Hiring vs re-training?
- Why don’t we do more with improving internal skills?
- Cryptocurrency and Insurance – is it viable?
- The future of actuarial?
- Quantum computing and RPA
- Collaboration in the Insurance market? Look for places where the market is un-profitable – auto insurance as an example
Thank you Matt for your time, it was great to speak to you!
This Podcast was brought to you by FinPro, an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Insurtech space
Our host in FinPro Director, Alex Bond
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast
We are always interested to speak to people about being guests on the Leadership in Insurance podcast. If you or someone in your business is driving change in the future of insurance, then we would love to hear from you. Please get in touchGet In Touch