Hello and welcome to the latest episode of the Leadership in Insurance Podcast where this week we are lucky enough to be joined by Matt Carter & Mark Huxley, co-founders of Cognitive Risk - the strategic digital change consultancy focusing on insurance and technology which operates in the space where 'insur meets tech' and helps businesses get smarter.
In this conversation we talk about:
- 'Smart insurance' - what does that mean to you?
- Connecting smarter insurance
- Reimagining the relationship with the customer and asking are you working in an environment where you have a quality relationship with the customer?
- What can we do for the consumer?
- Taking a new perspective on the conversation around insurance
- The importance of understanding the values of your business
- How Cognitive Risk seeks to become the connective glue between the thinkers, doers and executers
- Facilitating and utilising existing technology
- The technology is there so what are the challenges?
- The inherent challenges which insurance faces due to time scales
- How do you mitigate risk whilst being open-minded to new technologies?
- How do you facilitate the use of existing technologies?
- What are the more macro challenges?
- The risk of going with the new unknown
- And the benefits of the journey
- Risk being paramount to everything
- Insurance is not about trying to create a new process rather the challenge of shifting to adopt the new
- The need for partnership is imperative
- Corporate culture and understanding what innovation is going to look like inside your own organisation
- Process thinking vs system thinking
- The importance of micro-innovation
- "The digital age is over, we are known the intelligence age"
- InsurScale Up providing a support mechanism and providing a community space for those who want to improve the insurance
Thank you Matt for your time, it was great to speak to you!
This Podcast was brought to you by FinPro, an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Insurtech space
Our host in FinPro Director, Alex Bond Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast
We are always interested to speak to people about being guests on the Leadership in Insurance podcast. If you or someone in your business is driving change in the future of insurance, then we would love to hear from you. Please get in touchGet In Touch