This week we are lucky to be joined by Kevin Mackey who is COO and Co-Founder of Coterie an award-winning Insurtech that aims to make buying small business insurance easy by integrating it into the apps and platforms you already use.
This was a great conversation, Kevin was super engaging and we get into it straight away. Discussing a wide variety of topics such as:
• The importance of culture specifically in startups
• The disconnect between what people think is their culture and what it is
• How to create an environment - opportunity to thrive
• Simplicity in culture and values is key
• The culture of healthy questioning
• Building culture through the interview process
• Culture is a living thing - it will grow and evolve but can also die
• Language challenges within tech and insurance
• Tech and Insurance product timelines
• Going from Chips and Salsa to Insurance!
• What reverse acquisitions mean to Insurtech space - Hippo and Spinnaker
• Embedded insurance - reducing friction and improving education around insurance buying
• By sharing more information with your customers means you can sell more in Insurance - why don't we share more?
• What brand value means in embedded insurance - would I buy my health insurance from Nike? Where do the synergies lie?
• insurance is a social good? It can be for many reasons - but a social convenience is enough of a start!
Thank you to Kevin for being a great guest
This podcast was brought to you by FinPro an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Instech space
Our host is FinPro Director, Alex Bond
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast
We are always interested to speak to people about being guests on the Leadership in Insurance podcast. If you or someone in your business is driving change in the future of insurance, then we would love to hear from you. Please get in touchGet In Touch