Hello and welcome to the latest episode of the Leadership In Insurance Podcast where this week we are lucky enough to be joined by Jeff Radke, CEO and Co-Founder, Accelerant.
We had a great conversation this week where we discussed a wide variety of topics such as:
- The attraction of the MGA model as an entrepreneur
- Is the MGA market a scapegoat?
- Accelerant's longer-term capacity commitment
- How Accelerant has members instead of customers, and how this perspective fosters positive relationships and reminds the team, 'we are only successful if they are successful'
- Capacity provision as an investment form
- The benefits of a diversified portfolio
- Short-term-ism in insurance
- Do we suffer from a short-term view?
- The importance of clarity and ownership in a long term member relationship
- The difficultly for a publicly-traded company to think on a long enough term to drive true innovation
- 5-year thinking, and asking how can we be most successful in 2026?
- Over investing time in development, as opposed to money
- Accelerant's software Insightful
- Why build software rather than buy?
- Creating a member user board
- The real value in data being making connections
- The relationship dynamics with members
- What makes a good member MGA for Accelerant?
- The importance of being underwriting driven
- Customer centricity
- Is going full-stack worth it?
- What's next for Accelerant? Expansion into Canada and beyond!
Thank you Jeff for your time, it was great to speak to you!
This Podcast was brought to you by FinPro, an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Insurtech space.
Our host in FinPro Director, Alex Bond
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast