Hello and welcome to the latest episode of the Leadership in Insurance Podcast where this week we are lucky enough to be joined by Hermann Fried, Managing Director, at bsurance.
We had a great conversation this week where we discussed a wide variety of topics such as:
- Insurance being 20 years behind banks in terms of digitization
- Embedded insurance providing ease for the customer
- How the pandemic has encouraged demand for accessible insurance
- The general shopping experience is now extremely accessible, why isn’t insurance this way?
- Why did it take so long to challenge the insurance model?
- How the normalization of online retail has impacted our tolerance for time
- What is driving the rise in embedded insurance?
- Offering the real-time delivery of insurance policies
- Asking who the client?
- The real client is the insurance broker
- Insurance’s broker driven model being the slowest aspect to change
- How do we tackle trust in embedded insurance?
- bsurance’s partner relationships
- Discussing regulation, how does that impact embedded insurance?
- Borderless trades
- How much of a threat does embedded insurance pose to the traditional insurance market?
- Most of the incumbents don't see the threat
- Losing aspects of the value chain
- Addressing the gaps in the value chain
- Insurance of the intangible world
- How is the face of insurance changing?
- Is insurance broken or is it lacking in customer-centricity?
- ‘Insurance is sold not bought’
- We need to be incentivized to change
- What’s next for bsurance?
Thank you Hermann for your time, it was great to speak to you!
This Podcast was brought to you by FinPro, an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Insurtech space .
Our host in FinPro Director, Alex Bond
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast