This week we are lucky enough to be joined by Christian Macht, CEO of Element Insurance - the Berlin-based start-up and leader in insurance digitisation.
We had a great conversation this week where we discussed a wide variety of topics such as:
- Is there anything you learned from the insurance market that surprised you?
- Investing in start-ups - Insurance being surprisingly not boring..!
- The deep integration of the value chain within the insurance
- Playing a part in changing the structure of insurance
- Is insurance broken?
- Discussing rapid growth
- The challenges of providing both parts of the ‘insur’ and the ‘tech’
- The B2B2X dynamic
- Looking at alternative business models
- Building a relevant insurance product that will continue to be relevant in the future
- The value of spending on marketing vs customer engagement
- The room for improvement in insurance
- Setting up a company without the legacy of a traditional insurer
- The importance of a trusting relationship with a customer
- The challenge of changing the traditional insurance delivery model and customer experience
- Cultural resistance to change
- The advantages of being more consumer-centric
- The makings of a successful partnership
- The importance of a USP
- How do you maintain a strong culture during rapid growth?
- The idea of culture being fluid and evolving
- How do you specifically describe a culture which is constantly evolving?
- Bringing a co-ceo on board
Thank you Christian for your time, it was great to speak to you!
This Podcast was brought to you by FinPro, an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Insurtech space
Our host in FinPro Director, Alex Bond
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast