Hello and welcome to the latest episode of the Leadership in Insurance Podcast where this week we are lucky enough to be joined by Anthony Mayer, VP Engineering & Konrad Heimpel, VP Product and Data, at Getsafe.
We had a great conversation this week where we discussed a wide variety of topics such as:
- Is Getsafe a tech company operating in insurance or is Getsafe an insurance company?
- Whats the difference these days
- Insurance and technology go hand in hand
- The advantages of bringing perspectives from both parties together
- The importance of understanding the complexity of insurtech
- How does the product interact with tech?
- GetSafe being a user-centric company that solve user problems
- Needs may differ between insurance products but the underlying problems remain the same
- Creating a scalable product
- Where does product end and tech take over?
- The challenge of restructuring when moving to a remote working dynamic
- Where does Getsafe differ from an incumbent insurer?
- The challenge of tackling the complexity of insurance and distilling it down to simple technical solutions
- How important is insurance experience?
- How approaching things with naivety encourages innovation instead of being tied to our past experiences
- Being open to adapting to new ideas is a requirement for working at Getsafe
- How has getting a license to be a full-stack insurer changed things for Getsafe?
- How no longer being dependant on 3rd party systems facilitates the creation of new products
- Decreasing product turnaround time
- The advantages of having full control of the value chain
- How this improves the customer experience
- The move towards hybrid working
- The impact on the talent pool
- Why should we come and join the Getsafe team? (They're hiring!)
Thank you Anthony and Konrad for your time, it was great to speak to you!
This Podcast was brought to you by FinPro, an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Insurtech space.
Our host in FinPro Director, Alex Bond
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast