This week we are lucky enough to be joined by Ana Zamora CEO of Vitaance, the Madrid-based life insurance start up who are applying artificial intelligence and data science to help their members live a better life.
We had a great conversation this week where we discussed a wide variety of topics such as:
- Encouraging wellness habits and helping people improve their life style
- Translating lifestyle changes into rewards
- Turning death insurance into life insurance
- Was a cultural shift necessary for customers to be comfortable sharing data with their insurers?
- How AI can improve life style
- Making an intangible product more tangible by generating engagement
- Providing more than just peace of mind
- Customers are historically indirect in life insurance and how Vitaance are changing
- Does insurance just serve the broker?
- What does fairness and transparency mean from a practical perspective?
- Removing the complexity for the members benefit
- What does building customer-first products look like from a technology perspective?
- Data science as an evolution of actuarial science
- What is the true nature and purpose of insurance?
- Has insurance culturally lost sight of the customer?
- Does regulation cause or hinder innovation?
- Vitaance’s promise of having a diverse and inclusive team
- Cultural add as opposed to cultural fit
- The different metrics for measuring companies for funding in Spain as opposed to elsewhere
- What does 2022 have in store for Vitaance?
Thank you Ana for your time, it was great to speak to you!
This Podcast was brought to you by FinPro, an executive recruitment business that works in the Insurance and Insurtech space.
Our host in FinPro Director, Alex Bond
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this podcast